We are pleased to announce the next four offerings of Firearms, Means Safety, and Suicide Prevention: A Clinical Workshop. Choose the date that works for you!
What: Firearms, Means Safety, and Suicide Prevention: A Clinical Workshop presented by Ted C. Bonar, PsyD, Director of End Family Fire at Brady.
Clinical and medical interventions for suicidal crisis must include discussions of access to firearms and safe storage. This training will address the problem of suicide, the integration of firearm and means safety into clinical practice, and the cultural challenges of conversations about firearms with clients and patients. Participants will practice difficult discussions to improve clinical readiness regarding discussions of firearm safety and safe storage in the context of a public health approach to suicide prevention.
3.0 CE credits awarded for APA, NBCC, NASW, or general attendance.
When: Four workshop dates are available for Summer and Fall of 2021:
- Register! May 27th, 1:00pm-4:30pm EST
- Register! July 22nd, 11:00am-2:30pm EST
- Register! September 22nd, 11:00am-2:30pm EST
- Register! November 19th, 1:00pm-4:30pm EST
Where: This is an online workshop. Your link to join the workshop will be sent in your registration confirmation email.
Questions? Contact Jennifer Tinch at [email protected]
Safe Gun Storage
- Safe Storage Options
- Lock to Live
- Offsite Storage Options (Options vary by State. Research what is available to you in your area)
- Alzheimer's Association Home Safety Checklist and Firearm Safety One-Pager: for anyone preparing to have a conversation about firearm storage options with aging family members.
- The Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 PRESS 1
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- LGBTQ Youth: 1-866-488-7386 or Text START to 678-678
- Know the Signs
- Jed Foundation
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- American Association of Suicidology
- Help Guide
- Military Helpline
- Trevor Project
- Mental Health America